Home > Performance Tuning > Dissecting SQL Server Execution Plans

Dissecting SQL Server Execution Plans

I remember my days before, Microsoft SQL Server PFE.  I wanted to learn everything and know everything about SQL Server.  However, getting hold of good resources was tough, as I didn’t have any mentor when I started down my journey to becoming a SQL Server Database Administrator.

Along the way I did pick up lots of books and references.  One of such books is Dissecting SQL Server Execution Plans.

I read this book before becoming PFE, I read this now, and I recommend everyone read this book more then once.

Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter) wrote the book back in 2008; I would still recommend take ready.  This book will only help you be better DBA and Developer.

SQL Central, Jeff Moden, Dissecting SQL Server Execution Plans

Amazon, SQL Server Execution Plans

SQL Central, Red Gate, EBook

This post is cross posted on my SQLCAN Blog, MSDN Blog, and SQL server Consultation blog.

1. May 31, 2016 at 10:30 am

Thanks for the kind words. Just so you know, it’s been updated since 2008. There was a second edition in 2012. I’m actively working on another edition now.

2. June 1, 2016 at 9:21 am

Cool. Did not know that, just found the 2nd edition link :).

Will definitely will be reading it next once I am done current book :). Thanks for comment :D.

3. June 1, 2016 at 9:22 am
  4. June 1, 2016 at 10:00 am

When you release 3rd edition please let me know, will love to read it :).

5. Chris Wood
    June 3, 2016 at 9:22 am

Go on an SQLCruise when he is presenting and he will give you a copy.

6. Chris Wood
    June 3, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Also look for Benjamin Nevarez books on the optimizer.

7. June 3, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Thank-you will definitely add it to the list to read :).

1. No trackbacks yet.